|VP Commercial Lender
Location: Boston, MA
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Vice President/Commercial Lending, performs all interviews, preliminary underwriting, decision-making process and loan closings for all commercial loans. Analyzes and summarizes financial information for existing and prospective loan customers; assist Credit Administration staff to prepare credit related reports for presentation to loan committee.
- Interview and evaluate new and/or existing loan relationships based upon due diligence including but not limited to credit history and loan repayment capabilities.
- Responsible for appropriate customer history reports, credit files, financial statements and approvals reviews with Department Sr. Vice President as required.
- Accurately complete all credit underwriting and make credit decisions based upon Commercial Credit Policy as well as regulatory policy.
- Monitor risk within the portfolio by completing annual credit reviews of existing relationships to ensure accurate risk ratings are in place.
- Schedules and performs closings insuring that all terms and conditions of approval are documented properly and collateral positions are in place
- Monitor loan maturities, completing procedures for renewals, adjustments annual reviews according to Commercial Credit policy
- Request and review real estate appraisals and environmental studies as required by Commercial Credit Policy
- Participate and represent the Bank at Chamber Meetings, Business Development Programs and other Community Events as necessary.
- Attend periodic officer and loan committee meetings as required
- Maintain compliance with all related bank policies, confidentiality, standardized procedures and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Complete credit underwriting and make credit decisions with regard to ACH and RDC approval for non-borrowing customers
- Bachelors degree in business or accounting
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Commercial loan officer
- Proven business development skills
- 25% availability to travel outside of 50-mile radius
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- Moderate computer skills
- Ability to sit, drive, perform telephone and computer input functions
For more information on this position please contact: